Cable Modems: Information About High Speed Internet and Broadband Access The Cable Modem Information Network
 Cable Modem Home - Forums - Statistics - Sign Up - Search -
Cable-Modem.Net Forums / Troubleshooting / Slow speeds using router.
Anonymous

# Posted: 22 Aug 2005 17:11

While I'm sure this has been posted before by others, i'm new to this forum, so if someone could update me on possible solutions, thanks.

I just got my comcast hooked up today. They gave me the motorola surfboard modem sb5120 which when hooked up direct to the pc gives nice fast speeds. When I plug it into my belkin wirelss router (f5d7230-4) I drop to about 1/20 speed. Anyone know anything on this?

Thanks.

G Mays

# Posted: 16 Oct 2005 16:03

Belkin Knowledge Base Article ID: 1460

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

INFO: Slow speed when connected to router and fast speed when not on router. Mostly with Dynamic address(like cox or roadrunner.

Symptom
Slow speed when connected to router and fast speed when not on router. Mostly with Dynamic address(like cox or roadrunner.

Resolution
First make sure that the firmware on the router is the most recent.
Go to http://networking.belkin.com to obtain that. If it still fails try the following.

Go to the router admin screen. Status should be connected. Check to see if the Lan and Wan Mac address are different, if they are the same clone the mac address again.

This may help with the speed issue.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.

Free Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem Offer! FREE CABLE MODEM! When You Order Internet Service with Comcast, Cox or Charter

Cable Modem Home | Cable Service | Topics | Modem Information | Broadband Sites | Download Guide | User Support | Contact Us
All content published by Cable-Modem.net, Chicago, IL, USA.
© Copyright 2009 Cable-Modem.net. All Rights Reserved
PRIVACY POLICY | Terms of Use