Cable Modems: Information About High Speed Internet and Broadband Access The Cable Modem Information Network
 Cable Modem Home - Forums - Statistics - Sign Up - Search -
Cable-Modem.Net Forums / Troubleshooting / Hooking up laptop to wireless router, no pc
ericka1031
# Posted: 7 Feb 2008 16:09 - Edited by: ericka1031

Okay, hope you guys can help. I am trying to help my sister out. She currently has a desktop pc with a cable modem (broadband). She just bought a new laptop and wants to sell the pc. I hooked up the Belkin Wireless Router she purchased and her laptop gets a signal and connects.

NOW...she wants to sell the desktop. I cannot get any connection to the laptop now. I plugged the gray Ethernet (i think) cord from the cable modem and plugged it directly into the router. I also have a blue ethernet cord that was originally plugged into the tower and the router. With the tower leaving, where do I put the blue ethernet cord?

I looked on the back of her cable modem and it has an ethernet slot and then a USB slot but it doesn't look like any USB slot I have ever seen. The cable modem is a Motorola and the ISP is Comcast.

Also, just got a call that when she got home just now, the internet connection was lost. She had done nothing in the 30 minutes that it was connected, what gives?

theresa

# Posted: 29 Nov 2008 16:53

i am having trouble hooking up a belkin router

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.

Free Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem Offer! FREE CABLE MODEM! When You Order Internet Service with Comcast, Cox or Charter

Cable Modem Home | Cable Service | Topics | Modem Information | Broadband Sites | Download Guide | User Support | Contact Us
All content published by Cable-Modem.net, Chicago, IL, USA.
© Copyright 2009 Cable-Modem.net. All Rights Reserved
PRIVACY POLICY | Terms of Use