Cable Modems: Information About High Speed Internet and Broadband Access The Cable Modem Information Network
 Cable Modem Home - Forums - Statistics - Sign Up - Search -
Cable-Modem.Net Forums / Cable Modem Discussion / free cable tv with modem
source
# Posted: 4 Sep 2007 21:13 - Edited by: source

I moved into an apartment complex. When I hooked up my TV the cable tv service was on.

Then I ordered cable internet, they came and gave me the modem. The day that my modem activated my cable tv went out. I have internet (that I'm paying for), and no cable tv (which i'm not paying for).

However, if I'm using cable internet, can't I just disconnect my cable from my modem and use it on my TV?

Well, I tried that, and still just a bunch of fuzz. I've heard that you can just connect a splitter to the cable modem line and watch TV, however, wouldn't this be the same as just disconnecting from the modem and connecting to the TV (to which I received no picture).

Would buying a splitter make a difference, or is this just a myth?

I use Time Warner in Central Texas.

a92626113
# Posted: 11 Sep 2007 12:42

You said that: "A splitter just splits the signal that is coming in on the cable."
So, does that mean that the tv and the cablemodem have their own filters? I mean the tv has a low-pass filter (sound) and the cablemodem a high-pass filter (data). So, if i am paying for both services, am i able to switch the outlet of the splitter? One outlet, which is in the second floor, i can use some times with my cablemodem and others with my tv? And the same goes for the outlet which is in the first floor?

a92626113
# Posted: 17 Sep 2007 16:00

Hi, thanks for the answer.

Do you know what type of filter they use for the TV signal? Well, in the case for ADSL, low frequencies are for the telephone and high frequencies are for the internet.
And, how are the channels? I mean... for example, for ADSL are:

0-4 khz Telephone
4 khz-50 khz Send
50 khz - 1 Mhz Receive

How is it for cable?

a92626113
# Posted: 18 Sep 2007 14:09

:shame:No, No.

I am not trying to steal the service. I am studying a Telecommunications course. I wanted to know the differences between the ADSL and the Cablemodem.

Anyway thanks for the advice.

mrpole

# Posted: 5 Dec 2007 00:42

What to the colored tags hanging from my poel mean

Anonymous

# Posted: 5 Dec 2007 17:10

the blue tag has your address, and indicates internet access, orange dig tv, yellow standard cable,

Anonymous

# Posted: 8 Apr 2008 20:48

just find out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to outside xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is xxx locked, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx... be careful xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .... BTW... thats illegal. *for informational purposes* lol

We don't promote illegal activity here, we discourage it.

cable-modem.net Admin

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.

Free Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem Offer! FREE CABLE MODEM! When You Order Internet Service with Comcast, Cox or Charter

Cable Modem Home | Cable Service | Topics | Modem Information | Broadband Sites | Download Guide | User Support | Contact Us
All content published by Cable-Modem.net, Chicago, IL, USA.
© Copyright 2009 Cable-Modem.net. All Rights Reserved
PRIVACY POLICY | Terms of Use