Cable Modems: Information About High Speed Internet and Broadband Access The Cable Modem Information Network
 Cable Modem Home - Forums - Statistics - Sign Up - Search -
Cable-Modem.Net Forums / Cable Modem Discussion / ARRIS TM402P/110 Modem problems
clamchowder
# Posted: 19 Jun 2007 16:46

For some reason I cannot get internet by directly connecting my ethernet from my modem to my computer so I have to do it though a router. The problem with this is that my router has problems running internet on some Valve games so I need to be able to directly connect to the modem. Can anyone help figure out why I am not getting internet from my modem when i directly connect it?

Anonymous

# Posted: 6 Jul 2007 15:12

where can i find the drivers for my modem? i am trying to setup my laptop and it wont recognize the modem. it knows theres a connection but wont connect

Anonymous

# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 19:45

My problem is the other way. I am trying to get internet on my three computrs and it ends up picking one. I realy do have a Arris TM402p /110. I have the modem pluged up to a router and then the threee pcs.

KILLAB

Anonymous

# Posted: 10 Aug 2007 18:28

I have the same modem but a different problem. Sometimes the two telephone lights start blinking slowly, and then my internet slows to unusual speeds. My cable company came out yesterday and *fixed* the lines but it seems to be running slower, with more downtime... Could this be a modem problem, or is it a signal problem?

Anonymous

# Posted: 23 Aug 2007 19:29

I have same router but my modem suddenly resets itself every 30min or so does anyone know a way I can fix it?

Anonymous

# Posted: 25 Aug 2007 00:16

It went about 6 hours without resetting then it started all over again...

Anonymous

# Posted: 26 Aug 2007 15:34

O.k. Thank you for the help. I will and look at the results hope it works. Ty for the help.

KittyScipio

# Posted: 1 Jan 2008 19:57

Hi
I have ARRIS Cable and I have problems with IE7. I did typing http://192.168.0.1 and http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.2.1 all not working cuz it sayin Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.
I need your help please?

anetmk

# Posted: 23 Jan 2008 11:04

I have a problem with the standby function on my arris T402 modem. I have internet through Cox, and the internet at Cox were down for about 3 weeks over the holidays, and when they fix it, now my modem will not go to the standby mode. I press the button, but the modem stay full connected. Could this be a Cox problem, or is it a modem problem

anetmk

# Posted: 24 Jan 2008 12:49

I don't know if the http address will help but I will try it today. I have use the reset button on the back on the modem six or seven times with the same results

Maisha
# Posted: 21 Aug 2008 01:39

I have a Arris TM402P Modem and I was wondering do u need a router as well to connect to the internet?I am also having problems connecting my home network to the Modem. It is installed and ready to use, but when I try to connect my home network to it I can't find it to connect it. What should I do? Need help.

Maisha
# Posted: 21 Aug 2008 01:40

Need help.

Helpdeskguy
# Posted: 21 Aug 2008 08:59

as long as your modem is registered with an isp you should be able to connect to the internet with it.

you should have the cable wire connected to the modem , then ethernet or usb going to your pc. shut down your pc, then reboot your cable modem. it should have a small button somewhere on it , usually in the back. give it a couple of minutes to boot up. then reboot your pc. once its up try to connect to the internet with your browser. does this work?

we need more info for your home network. are you connecting multiple computers? do you need those computers to communicate with each other or just have access to the internet?

if either is the case, then you may need a router or wireless router.

Helpdeskguy
# Posted: 21 Aug 2008 09:06

this is the user guide for your modem. you may want to check your network settings. you can verify them by going to page 31 in this manual and clicking on your operating system.

http://www.arrisi.com/support/guides/_docs/TM402_U ser_Guide.pdf

Cableguy848

# Posted: 21 Aug 2008 13:57

I have a Arris TM402P Modem and I was wondering do u need a router as well to connect to the internet?I am also having problems connecting my home network to the Modem. It is installed and ready to use, but when I try to connect my home network to it I can't find it to connect it. What should I do? Need help.

You do not need a router to connect 1 PC to the web through a cable modem butyou do need a router or some kind of hub or switch to connect multiple PCs tothe web through a cable modem.

In most cases, depending on the ISP, you will need to restart the cable modem any time you connect a new device to it. Some systems will store the Mac address of the last device connected to the modem and will not allow a new device to connect until the cable modem is rebooted. Rebooting the modem clears the mac address out of the router on the ISPs end.

Helpdeskguy
# Posted: 21 Aug 2008 14:44

Actually with most cable interntet providers you cannot use a hub or switch unless you purchase additional ip addresses.

Cableguy848
# Posted: 23 Aug 2008 10:48

exactly, most of the time the cable provider will not issue these unless the customer has purchased home networking at the same time as the internet service. However, the customer can, in most cases, buy a supported after market modem/router combo and have it provisioned at no expense by the ISP. This would be in place of their stand alone modem as most companies will not provision 2 modems to the same account as it creates a billing problem.

Sinntankllane

# Posted: 8 Jan 2009 19:16

Arris 502 with router work arounds.

The problem you are having, is the modem assigns 1 ip address to your home. If you want to connect directly to the modem, you will need to reset the computers ip address, and restart the modem. This is for ppl like me who are using a router with an arris 502 modem that want to hook up multiple computers.

Disconnect all networking lines.
Hold reset button on back of router until it blinks (indicates reset)
Unplug router.
Plug network cable from modem into WAN on router
Reset Modem
Plug power back in on router
plug network cables into router from computers
turn on computers

You now can use the internet on both computers.

PowerTamer
# Posted: 24 Jan 2009 12:37

Anonymous

Your router is being hit with constant normal mode and common mode noise from the utility power. It interferes with communications, causes unexplained resets, and is impossible to clean up without installing a low impedence isolation transformer. Your routers micro processors are losing their ground reference as these transients flow through your home electrical system. Regular surge protectors DO NOT fix this problem! Most actually make matters worse. Get a Powervar ABC065-11 and plug your cable router in to it. Your lockups, resets and other weird problems you cable company can't fix will disappear. Keep the conditioner at cords legnth away from you wireless modem to prevent the tranformers magnetic field from interfering with the wireless signal. Get an ABC100-11 and plug both your Cable Router and wireless modem in to it. You'll notice the service quality improvement right away. Oh, by the way,.... your PC is in plugged into the same dirty power. Have to restart, reload, defrag, is your system running slow? Put a Powervar on it and clean your hard drive once. Most problems will go away. What's left you'll be able to fix, and they will tend to stay fixed.

chuck

# Posted: 8 Feb 2009 17:21

I recently purchase a used modem for DSL internet, I was wondering , if I could use it to set up an att dsl service, do they have a passwor from the previious user, and if there is how can I delete.

cheray611

# Posted: 23 Jun 2009 13:37

Hi, can a cable modem be used as with dsl router?
Before I buy a cable modem, or dsl modem, I wanted to know is there a difference.
I'm new at this and wanted to know is cable better than dsl or dsl better than cable. I'm switching from dial up when I move this week.
My choices are limited to ATT or the local cable service here in Wyandotte MI.

Helpdeskguy
# Posted: 23 Jun 2009 17:34

Ive learned to never say never but no, most cable modems will not work with a dsl router. the ones i usually see are the westell routers. you will need to get one from the cable company or purchase one somewhere else.

SimbaWelch

# Posted: 27 Jul 2009 08:34

Okay I need some major help here. I have an ARRIS Telephone Cable Modem TM552 and I forgot my password for my log in into the router portion of the Setup Home portal (you know the http://192.168.2.1 ) And when I ask my cable company to help all they tell me is that "you are not authorized to change the settings on the router/cable modem and that the service tech who installed it should have set it up with a default password provided to him/her by our company."

Well that wasn't the case he let me do it myself and now I've gone and forgotten the password. I need to get into the wireless settings and change my Wireless Encription Key, bad break up with a girlfriend you know the drill, I've tried plugging directly into the modem. I've tried the standard hard reset (pulling the power disconnecting it pulling the battery and waiting 20 minuets) but the darn thing wont reset to factory default.
Does anybody know if I have to do something special like stand on my head while singing some anchient incantation while pressing the reset buttons or something?

I really need to change my WEP Key and soon. Please help if you can?

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.

Free Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem Offer! FREE CABLE MODEM! When You Order Internet Service with Comcast, Cox or Charter

Cable Modem Home | Cable Service | Topics | Modem Information | Broadband Sites | Download Guide | User Support | Contact Us
All content published by Cable-Modem.net, Chicago, IL, USA.
© Copyright 2009 Cable-Modem.net. All Rights Reserved
PRIVACY POLICY | Terms of Use